Saturday, October 10, 2009

May I take your temperature?

The correct answer to that question is always, "No."  Unless you have no choice, for example you live inside the school and the school gate is guarded by over zealous students with thermometers (see above).  They are there to prevent someone with a fever, the most obvious symptom of swine flu, into the school.  And I appreciate that.  But I will go to all efforts to avoid getting my temperature taken myself-- who knows what happens if you're hot.  

I was also given a thermometer myself today and was told in Chinese to, "Take your temp. daily.  And if it's high, go to the doctor."  What I heard was slightly different: never use this thing, and if you do, guard it like a national secret.  Hmm, lost in translation perhaps.

5 comments:

RiceCooker said...

Are they taking temperatures orally, or...otherwise?

ayuda para dejar de fumar said...

Thanks for another excellent post. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such an ideal way of writing? I’ve a presentation next week, and I’m on the look for such info.

Iniciar sesión Hotmail said...

Thanks on your marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it, you could be a great author.I will make certain to bookmark your blog and may come back down the road. I want to encourage you to continue your great posts, have a nice day!

horoscopo del dia said...

Thanks for another excellent post. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such an ideal way of writing? I’ve a presentation next week, and I’m on the look for such info.

anand said...

ISO Consultants Chennai:
SHIV SHAKTI SERVICES #1 ISO consultants services in Chennai, Tamil Nadu provides specialized service in the entire range of ISO management system certification standards. Our ISO Consultants provide best counseling and training to achieve ISO standards